There isn't a whole lot going on right now. We will just fill you in on a few things that have kept us busy or not so busy.
The weekend before finals we decided to do a yard sale. We wanted to unload some old clothes and extra random furniture we had. I decided that I didn't want to get up too early to try and set everything up so we had it from 10 - 1. What I didn't know is there is a reason that everyone does these at 8 in the morning. We got set up a little early and were pretty much ready to go at 9:30 ish when we promptly got several people to stop by. I was excited by the traffic and was a little resistant to bargain. However, by 10:30, 11:00 ish everyone had come, from 11:30 - 12:59 nobody showed up. Finally at 1 we got one more family and we sold a few very discounted items. All in all we can't complain, we did good enough to save a few extra spending bucks for Japan.

Finals came and went and I managed to do pretty well on the finals in classes I struggled in and then bomb the one final in the class where I had little problems. I am more or less satisfied with the grades I got this semester. 3 long years down 1 to go.

Finals came and went and I managed to do pretty well on the finals in classes I struggled in and then bomb the one final in the class where I had little problems. I am more or less satisfied with the grades I got this semester. 3 long years down 1 to go.
So we came home from the store the other day to find a small deer wandering the neighborhood. (this is just a random picture when I ran in and grabbed the camera It had wandered off) I rarely see deer even in the canyon or mountains so you can imagine our surprise when we saw one run into our next door neighbor's yard in the middle of town. It was pretty cool.Here is a random picture of Howie trying to get into trouble again. He is a lot of fun but we can't wait to live somewhere with a fenced in yard where he can roam free. He is doing pretty good with the line that we finally got set up in the back yard.
Some more summer notes:
I kind of had a job and then I didn't and now I totally don't. Let me explain I applied at several places and while I was waiting I registered with Kelly Services a temp agency. They got me a spot at Schreibers Food that would last a least a month that was paying 11.10 and hour. This was perfect since we are planning on going to Japan at the end of July and don't anything long term. Unfortunately the second day after I started Schreibers informed me that they were dropping Kelly Services because they cost too much and were going to use a different agency. So by the time I could try and go through the other agency which pays only 9.00 for the same job they had filled it and I am back in square 1.
Liked I just mentioned we are planning our trip to Japan for about the last week in July to the second week or so in August. Which is a bummer because it is sooo much cheaper to go now and we wanted to be able to spend the first couple days with Anna and Shane before we headed to Fukuoka. Since cheaper is still much more money than we have right now and Naoko has to work we are going to go as mentioned earlier.
My short blog of updates turned out to not be so short. Oh well.
**I finally linked some of our friends blogs so if any friends who may read this that are blogging let me know and we'll get you linked**
2 comments:
Andrew I hope that you can find a job. Maybe you have already found one by now. Good luck
Hey guys, I was sad I missed seeing you this past weekend. Hope you had fun! Good luck with the summer job thing. Glad you survived finals!
Post a Comment